I AM AFRICAN

I AM AFRICAN

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

RIP Nate Dogg

RIP Nate Dogg
It's sad day in hip hop!! We woke up to the sad news that Nate Dogg passed away last night from complications of the two strokes he suffered in 2007 & 2008.  Gone at such an early age of 41!!  Nate was very talented with his distinctive voice that added some unique flavor to some of the biggest West coast rap songs during the G-funk era in hip hop.

Nate frequently collaborated with his high school friend Snoop Dogg, Kurupt, Tupac Shakur, Eminem, and 50 Cent.

Soon as I heard the sad news, I had to dig up my records that feature Nate.  My faves are definitely from Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" album & Snoop Dogg's "Doggystyle" album. 

Sadly, Nate is gone but he will never be forgotten! He made his mark. Long live hip-hop!  Here are two of his most noted hits below:

1 comment:

Mama ZZZs said...

West Coast HipHop will never be the same without his soulful rap style!
Why do the good ones have to die?!