I AM AFRICAN

I AM AFRICAN

Monday, June 11, 2012

BET Awards Nominations - Best International Act

The BET Awards nominations were announced a few weeks ago - yes, I am indeed very late in posting this!
The usual categories were announced and the nominees were not much of a suprise to anyone!  Kanye West led the pack with seven nominations, BeyoncĂ© followed with six and Jay-Z with five.

The most excting thing about this years nominations for me was this:

Best International Act: AfricaCamp Mulla (Kenya), Ice Prince (Nigeria), Lira (South Africa), Mokobe (Mali), Sarkodie (Ghana), Wizkid (Nigeria)

I was very excited to learn about Camp Mulla's nomination.  This is HUGE for them as this is the first time a Kenyan group/act has been nominated in this category.  The recognition is great for this hip hop group that has certainly worked hard to get to where they are now. 
This category is usually not televised unfortunately BUT I am very proud of all the nominees from Africa!!  The show will air live on BET on July 1st, from the Shine Auditorium and I will be keeping up with it.

Vote, vote, vote for your favorites!!

A list of the nominees can be found here

No comments: