I AM AFRICAN

I AM AFRICAN

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Laughter is the best medicine...until the joke's on you!

I just got back home from a comedy show.   A good one!  My funny bone was thoroughly tickled! I was fortunate enough to get front row seats - I know somebody that knows somebody:) While I can appreciate great seats, I dislike being readily available to a comedian should he/she decide to make me a part of their act for the sake of a laugh!  Trust me, it has happened to me before so my paranoia is somewhat justified.  A little while ago, a comedian who shall remain nameless, decided to engage me in some banter due to my close proximity to the stage.  It all went downhill {for me} as soon as he detected an accent!  While I cringed at his jokes about the "motherland" the rest of the audience were in stitches! 
I have since acquired thick skin learned to laugh along with everyone should a joke about my background/origin come up.  
Take it away Jamie Foxx!




2 comments:

Tunely said...

lol that was too funny!!

Sirjonduke said...

LMAO. Why is it that the people who get clowned at comedy shows never share the jokes?